hop investing (“hop”) is committed to protecting the privacy rights of all visitors to the website and keeping all personal information secure. This Privacy Notice is directed to customers, financial advisers and other users where we might hold personal information.
When you use our website, you agree to us collecting and using personal information and this Privacy Notice explains how we collect and use your personal information.
We will never release information about our customers or business partners or to any other person or organisation unless we already have your permission or are permitted or required by regulation or law to do so.
The UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) sets out your rights as a consumer in respect of information held about you by businesses.
We have set out how we collect and use this information, and your rights, below. By using the hop or Meteor websites, you consent to our collection and use of this information.
hop is an Appointed Representative of Meteor Asset Management Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register no. 459325. Meteor Asset Management Limited and Meteor Investment Management are collectively referred to as “Meteor”.
We reserve the right to amend our Privacy Notice at any time, without prior notification. Any modification will take effect immediately by the modified Privacy Notice being displayed. You agree to check this Privacy Notice regularly for modifications and additions. However, this shall not affect your rights in relation to your personal information, which we explain below.
What is personal data?
Personal data includes any information that directly or indirectly identifies you, including evidence provided as part of our application process for the purpose of checking your identity. The personal data we hold on you is information:
- that you will have directly provided to us;
- we will have received from trusted third parties during verification checks;
- we will have collected during the provision of services to you; and/or
- that is publicly available as part of your social media profile.
Why do we hold and use personal data?
We need this information so that we can:
- appropriately fulfil our provision of services to you;
- provide you with an explanation of the options available to you at maturity;
- administer and maintain our records in accordance with law and regulation;
- use the data for fraud prevention and anti-money laundering purposes;
- collate, process and share statistics based on an aggregation of information we hold for market analysis and research. No individuals will be identifiable from the resulting analysis;
- deal with your questions and queries relating to our services to you;
- provide any necessary information to you, to any relevant regulatory authority or in respect of any court order, to any company where we have outsourced services, to any group company, your financial adviser, or to a Deposit Taker.
We may also make your personal information available to:
- Associated Companies (as defined in Section 416 of the Income and Corporation Taxes Act 1988) to process your application;
- Counterparties for the purpose of administering investments/deposits held;
- You if you ask in accordance with your rights under GDPR (see below); and/or
- Transfer the information to a service provider outside of the European Economic Area.
Is my data secure?
We will only retain the personal information that we hold about you for as long as we are required to provide our products and services to you, and/or for as long as we are required in order to meet legal and regulatory obligations.
We take information security seriously and believe that the security precautions in place are appropriate to the nature of the information and the damage or detriment that might result from a breach of security. Please bear in mind that all publicly accessible websites are potentially susceptible to malicious practices, and we do not accept liability if security is breached.
What are my rights?
Right to access a copy of your personal information You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. This is known as a ‘Data Subject Access Request’ and we normally have 1 month to respond. You can do this using the contact information below.
Right to request rectification of your personal information We take reasonable steps to keep your information accurate and current, but you can also ask us to change any information that we hold about you to keep it accurate, complete and current. Please remember that it is your responsibility to tell us about any updates to your information.
Right to request erasure of your information (‘the right to be forgotten’) In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to delete the personal information that we hold about you, for example: if your personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected, or if your data has been processed unlawfully.
There are legitimate reasons why we might need to retain some of your personal information after you have requested its deletion, and these include for compliance with legal or regulatory obligations with which we must comply, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to request a restriction on our processing of your personal information You can request that we restrict our processing of your personal information where:
- You challenge the accuracy of the information we hold;
- The information was processed unlawfully but you do not wish us to erase it, merely to restrict our processing; or
- We no longer need the personal information but you need us to retain it for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
Where a restriction is in place we can continue to store your information but only process it with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, for the protection of another individuals’ rights or for important public interest reasons. We will inform you prior to lifting any restriction.
Right to raise an objection to our processing of your personal information You have the right to request that we stop processing your information. However, where we believe that our processing of your information is performed on the basis of a legitimate business interest or even because of an important public interest, we may decide that we need to continue to process your information. We may also need to continue to process your information for the defence of legal claims and/or if we can demonstrate compelling grounds which override your interests, rights or freedoms.
Right to withdraw consent for optional processing
You may at any time withdraw consent for any optional uses of your information to which you have previously consented.
Right to complain to a supervisory authority
If you are dissatisfied with our use or management of your personal information you have the right to complain to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority (Authority). That Authority should be in the country where you live, where you are based, or where you feel the issue you wish to complain about took place.
In the UK the relevant Authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office and you can contact them via their website: www.ico.org.uk
Who will hold your information?
Meteor Asset Management Limited and Meteor Investment Management Limited are both data controllers and hop is the data processor for the purposes noted above. You can contact Meteor directly about how they use your personal information or to exercise your rights to make a Data Subject Access Request:
Data Protection Officer
Meteor Asset Management Limited
24/25 The Shard
32 London Bridge Street
Tel: 020 7904 1010
Your browser should provide facilities to change these settings, including the ability to enable or disable cookies. These functions are usually located within the “Settings”, “Tools” or “Edit” menus. In addition, an external resource is available at www.aboutcookies.org which provides specific information about cookies and how to manage them to suit your preferences.
You are under no obligation to accept cookies, but please be aware that disabling or deleting them will mean that some features of our website, such as remembering your login details, will not work and your overall experience on our website may be affected.